An Ideal Space

At the advice of Nora, I am starting an intellectual (read: not a gossip column, per se) blog, hopefully about writing. Yes, I ripped my title off an Oscar Wilde play (An Ideal Husband).

18 January 2006

10 Reasons Why I Could Never be a Writer

There are so many reasons that I could never be a writer, and since I’m in a sort of self-deprecating humor-ish mood, I’ll outline some of them for you.

  1. I need a deadline, something that I’m working towards. I currently have seven unfinished projects. They will never all be done. Never.

  1. I have creativity lapses, in which all of my creativity becomes a visual or other kind of art. I made 2 necklaces yesterday, and wrote nothing until 3:00 in the morning when I couldn’t sleep.

  1. Word keeps freezing, and “not responding”, and refusing to print. That’s a slight problem. And my internet is not currently working correctly (which is why I haven’t posted in a week or more.)

  1. I’m broke. I need money. That’s not very good incentive for becoming a writer. I might as well try to become a successful actress or high fashion model or singer in a band. In fact, my chances would probably be better.

  1. Some days, all I honestly want to write about is how cute my hair is, or what color I painted my nails. Unless Cosmo hires me, I’m sorta screwed in that department.

  1. Boys. They take up so much time.

  1. Friends. They take up an equal amount of time.

  1. Roommates. They’re always around! And they always want to hang out or yell at me. (One or the other. Occasionally both.)

  1. I’m really not a very interesting person. I don’t really have anything useful or important, life-changing or otherwise, to say. I really don’t.

  1. I’d need some sort of publisher or something, but with my trust issues, I’d never trust them enough to show them a finished manuscript without lawyers present to witness that I actually wrote the manuscript and presented it on said date, thus not allowing them any opportunity to steal my work and publish it and claim it as their own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home